To all Coaches, Parents and Players,
The Southeast Edmonton Basketball Association uses gymnasiums in our separate and public schools for practice facilities during the fall and spring league seasons. The only way we can keep the gyms we have be given for this season is to treat each of the schools with the utmost respect. Please be aware of the rules that are in place.
- Coaches should meet the custodian and do a walk through of the gym.
- WATER is the ONLY beverage allowed in the Gyms! NO Sport Drinks or COFFEE, ETC.
- NO FOOD ALLOWED!
- NEVER prop the doors open. Assign someone to the door for participants that are arriving late.
- REMOVE footwear at the FRONT entrance.
- Only indoor basketballs are to be used in gyms.
- Parents must remain with siblings at all times; do not allow them on stages or in the halls. Failure to do so will result in the immediate cancellation of your booking.
- Report any damage to the custodian and to the Executive Director immediately.
- Respect the time slot you have been given, and be sure to be finished on time. That means you should be out of the gym at 7:00, not 7:05 etc.
- It has been strongly stressed that if an individual coach, manager, parent, etc. make their own arrangements with a school for practice time, and the City of Edmonton becomes aware of it, they will pull not only SEBA but all of EYBA licenses and we will be entitled to NO gym time.
It is mandatory for all teams to assign a parent (or other responsible attendant) to monitor practices held in school gyms.
Southeast Edmonton Basketball Association