TEAM MANAGER’S ROLE
The major role of the team manager is to provide support for the coach. This allows the coach to focus on coaching the team rather than team administration. The following is a list of responsibilities for the team manager. The manager can either perform all the tasks or delegate. In either case it is the responsibility of the team manager to ensure that all tasks are performed.
1) Ensure proper distribution of all correspondence from both the SWARM and the EYBA.
2) Ensure the fair play forms are signed by the coach, parent and player and return to the SWARM Executive Director
3) Distribute jerseys to players and keep a list of each player and their corresponding number. Each team will receive a set of 15 jerseys in a wide range of sizes.
4) Ensure that the game sheet is filled out, and a volunteer is supplied for the score bench for every game.
5) Ensure, when advised by the coach, that all players, parents and coaches are made aware of any changes in practice or game times.
6) Deal with all administrative issues that may be required by the Executive Director.
7) Attend SWARM meetings when the coach is unavailable or ensure that a team representative is present.
8) Assist the coach, at the end of the season to collect all the jerseys and equipment and return everything back to the SWARM equipment manager.